Re: [ptp-dev] Performance Framework seeds - TAU plugins and Eclipse 3.3 / PTP 2.0

It needs a bit more testing, but most of the conversion to the latest version is complete.  There are just a couple issues I still need to work around.  Those are primarily related to the Eclipse platform rather than the PTP.

In particular, launching a project with a pre-existing profile configuration (just hitting the profile button rather than hitting 'launch' inside the profile launch configuration window) gives the error "this selection does not support profile mode".  I guess the profile mode/launcher extensions were made more strict somehow but I'm not sure how to get around it yet. A possibly related issue, one used to be able to use the same launch configuration for both a profile launch and a regular launch, but they seem to be mutually exclusive now.

The other problem is with uploading profile data to the TAU database.  In the latest version of Eclipse for the database upload to work I have to manually do:
System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory ", "com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl ");
And that works on some versions of Java but not others.

The core of the framework seems to be working well. I did have one question about the behavior of the PTP 2.0.  I notice that applications seem to be executed in the build-directory, rather than the project root directory as with the CDT.  Is that intentional?  It's not a problem, but it means I need to treat the CDT and PTP differently when looking for the default locations of local performance data output.

-Wyatt