[ptp-dev] Additional proxy options field in proxy wizard

I updated to the latest code this morning and found that the
AbstractRemoteResourceConfigurationWizardPage class has a field for proxy
invocation options. For my PE proxy and Rolf's LoadLeveler proxy, we
implemented a class for an additional wizard page where these options are
set by filling in/checking values in individual widgets to make the step a
little more friendly.

When I double click a resource manager to edit its configuration, the
first panel has the proxy invocation options in the invocation options
field. If I change them and click finish, they don't get saved. I have to
change the values on my panel (the second wizard page in my case) and
click finish there, and those values get saved. So in my case, the proxy
invocation options on the first panel are display-only and are not saved.

Is it possible to change the AbstractRemoteResourceConfigurationWizardPage
class so that the proxy invocation options field is optional, maybe by a
flag on the constructor, or a method call that must happen before
createControl is called, since I do extend that class in my
PEResourceManagerWizardConfigurationPage?

I could duplicate at least the createContents and performOk methods and
delete the code dealing with the proxy invocation options field, but that
doesn't seem like the right way to handle this.

The only othre possibility I see, which I'm not sure is the right thing
either, is that when my second wizard page is displayed, parse the proxy
invocation options string filled in in the first panel and populate the
widgets in my second wizard page with those values, or if there was no
invocation options string, then the defaults from preferences.

Suggestions?
Dave

Back to the top