Re: [ptp-dev] problem with proxy_svr_connect

Sometimes I got the same problem too. I think the problem may be related with resourceManager.xml. I think you can try to create the resource data first (using resources manager wizard). Don't start it right now. Restarts the eclipse (Let all data save to resourceManager.xml.). Then I think you can start at this time.

Clement

Dave Wootton wrote:
If I click the hostname dropdown combo in the resource manager wizard and pick localhost (for the local case) or the node where the GUI is running (for the remote case) that gets me around the hang.
Dave

Clement Kam Man Chu <clement.chu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/15/2007 10:58 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] problem with proxy_svr_connect

I got this problem too. Simply to solve it is to to change the value of combo box in wizard before click finish. If the combo box is only one value, then you need to change source code as below:

file: org.eclipse.ptp.remote.ui.wizard.AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage
method: updateSettings()

    if (!loading) {
        muxPortFwd = portForwardingButton.getSelection();
//localAddr = localAddrCombo.getItem(localAddrCombo.getSelectionIndex());
        manualLaunch = manualButton.getSelection();
    }
localAddr = localAddrCombo.getItem(localAddrCombo.getSelectionIndex());

Clement

Dave Wootton wrote:
I'm having a problem with starting proxies this morning after updating
latest head level. It appears that the GUI is trying to start the proxy with a null hostname (--host=null is being passed across in the proxy launch command. This is causing proxy_svr_connect to fail. The other parameters passed across are on (--proxy=tcp and --prort=45750). This
was
working after I updated from head last Thurs, so something seems to have

changed since then. Could this be related to the restructuring you are
in
the middle of?
Dave