Re: [ptp-dev] console output in PTP

I assume you mean stdout etc. output during debug.
Yes that is a much-requested feature.

We can already see it in the PTP Runtime, just not in PTP Debug.
Terrific!!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Feiyi Wang
             <fwang2@xxxxxxxx>
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         Parallel Tools Platform general
             clipse.org                developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             09/28/2007 10:42                                      Subject
             AM                        [ptp-dev] console output in PTP

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

hi, folks -

As part of getting start with PTP and per Greg's suggestion, I am
working on a feature to allow stdout from executing process to be
displayed on console window - on a per job basis, as you would normally
expect when printf() is called. This is a 2.0 TODO item as I understand.
It is complementary to what we have now (click on each process to view
its output) in the sense that it combines and displays console output on
the fly as processes run.

Implementation overview: Eclipse application (runtime workbench) do not
display System.out messages by default. You much create your own console
to make this happen. The new console, PConsole, in addition to creating
an managing console views, also implements IJobProcessListener
interface, and handle IJobChangedProcessEvent. When new job is created
in AbstractResourceManager, a new console will be created as well, and
add itself as child listener. That is basically the gist of it.
Depending on the need, I may expand this to stderr/stdin in the future.

I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions, as well as instructions on
how to make the change set available for community review and test.

Best regards,

Feiyi