Re: [ptp-dev] Question about removing selected job from job view

Greg
My action does extend ParallelAction. I tried your suggestion using the
jobTableViewer and it works.  In order to get access to the jobTableViewer
object, I found that I needed to pass it as a parameter on the constructor
for my action in addition to the ParallelJobsView object.
Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
08/30/2007 11:03 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Question about removing selected job from job view

Dave,

Usually the way to do this is as follows:

ISelection selection = viewer.getSelection();
if (!selection.isEmpty()) {
                 IPJob job = (IPJob) ((IStructuredSelection)
selection).getFirstElement();
                 doWhatever(job);
}

I'm not sure why you're getting an empty IElements array. Is your
action extending ParallelAction? In any case you might want to try
the above, but use
jobTableViewer for the viewer.

Greg