[ptp-dev] Question about AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.createContents

When the second page of the resource wizard appears, there is text at the
bottom of the page next to a checkbox stating Launch ORTE server manually,
where ORTE should be able to be replaced by PE, LoadLeveler, etc. We could
implement our own wizard page extending this class to fix this, but that
seems like the wrong thing to do to fix a message string. However, we have
had some discussion about additional fields on this page for resource
manager invocation options, such as run mode for the proxy (PE with or
without LoadLeveler), turning on an internal proxy trace, etc.
Is the intent to provide a generic wizard creation page that includes
fields for proxy options, or would we be expected to provide our own
implementation, which might be a little more user-friendly since we could
provide more appropriate widgets for specifying the options.

Either way is fine, we just don't want to have more unique panels than we
really need.

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top