[ptp-dev] Problems after update to latest head

I just updated my workspace to latest HEAD this morning. Since the only
real change I have from the ORTE implementation is my parallel tab pane, I
then replaced all my code except the parallel tab with ORTE code and then
changed references to ORTE and OMPI to refer to my corresponding PE
imp-lementation. That all builds clean.

I then specified my proxy path in my preference page, deleted my proxy
from the RM view, and defined a new proxy. When I tried to start the
proxy, the last messages i got are a message '... firing up proxy, waiting
for connection ...', a message showing me my proxy path and then a message
'adding remote servoce: org.eclipse.ptp.remote.LocalServices(Local)'. The
proxy icon turns red and stays red and my proxy does not start as far as I
can tell.

I tried doing this creating an ORTE proxy but specifying my proxy (i
realize that won't work but just wanted to see the proxy start) and get
the same result.

Do I need to do something else to get this to work? I had downloaded the
RSE runtime from the download website. I was experimenting a bit with the
RSE view in Eclipse and was able to create remote ssh connections and see
files on the remote system, so RSE seems basically functional

Do I need to change anything in my proxy? (I haven't yet since I assumed
the remote services changes were all on the GUI side)

Also, when I look at the preference panel, if I change the path in my
proxy, it also appears in the other (ORTE, LSF) preference page as well.
This seems to be because the preference pages now extend
AbstractRemotePreferencePage but have no code overriding methods in
AbstractRemotePreferencePage. As a result, all preference pages for
proxies use the same preference key and get the same value. Am I expected
to implement overriding methods in my implementation? I assumed because
the ORTE implementation didn't, that there was no requirement that I do so
either.

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top