Re: [ptp-dev] Two questions about latest HEAD level code

Randy
I am still having problems with BigInteger with the latest changes. I am
getting a null pointer exception when I send across my attribute
definition using an attribute type of "BIGINTEGER" at line 62 of
RuntimeMessageEvent because the attributes field is null. Track back to
find the cause, I see that there appears to be no code in
AbstractProxyRuntimeSystem.parseAttributeDefinition to handle big integer
attribute definitions. I had originally worked around the missing support
on my own and am sending an attribute definition modeled after an INTEGER
attribute definition from the proxy including min, max and default values,
using the string BIGINTEGER as the identifier for the event.

I think parseAttributeDefinition needs code to create the attribute
definition for BigIntegerAttribute. If I'm misunderstanding something or
doing something wrong, let me know.

Thanks
Dave

"Randy M. Roberts" <rsqrd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/10/2007 12:10 PM
Please respond to

ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Two questions about latest HEAD level code

Dave,

I've committed the addition to AttributeDefinitionManager.

R^2