Re: [ptp-dev] Need new attribute type

If you could do it, that would be great.

Thanks,

Greg

On Jun 21, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Randy M. Roberts wrote:

Greg,

Do you want me to do it, or do you want to do it?

R^2

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 12:12 -0600, Greg Watson wrote:
I'll add a BigIntegerAttribute.

Greg

On Jun 21, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Randy
I'm not quite sure I follow your suggestion. What I have is a
single PE
option which has the format mmm,nnn. This appears in the GUI as a
single
Text widget which the user fills in in this form. (I suppose I
could also
have two separate Text fields to contain the two parts of the
field).  It
also gets passed back to the proxy in this form.

Is what you are suggesting is that the proxy create two attribute
definitions, one for each part, named say, ATTR_PART_A and
ATTR_PART_B,
then use those two attribute definitions to perform validations for
each
of the components of the option?

I think that would work for me, and also solves the second part of my
validation problem where an option can have a value that can either
be one
of an enumerated set or an integer with range limits.

In that case, in order for my validation to be correct, I would have a
definite need for a LONG attribute definition event or a BIGINTEGER
attribute definition event.

Dave

"Randy M. Roberts" <rsqrd@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/21/2007 12:00 PM
Please respond to

ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Need new attribute type

Dave,

Since the field is nnn,mmm, couldn't you present
it as two fields, nnn and mmm, with a "," label between
them?  Then you could verify the nnn and the mmm separately.

R^2