Re: [ptp-dev] Need new attribute type

Greg
At the moment, I don't have a specific need for > 32 bit integer support.
The one attribute that can be > 32 bit integer has the format nnn,mmm
where mmm can be > 32 bits. So it doesn't fit the model of a simple
integer attribute, and I have to figure out how to validate it otherwise.
At the moment, this is one case where I have to hard code the validation
ranges in the gui code.

We may need larger integers for LL, but we aren't sure yet. Our specific
need is for 32 bit and 64 bit integers but have no objection to a more
general BigInteger implementation.

Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/20/2007 06:15 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-dev] Need new attribute type

I could implement this as a BigInteger (i.e. arbitrary precision
integer). When the attribute definition is created, you would specify
the precision which would be fixed from then on. That might help with
the validation?

Greg