Re: [ptp-dev] Can't suspend running process

We did have some problems with the '-exec-interrupt' command not working for some versions of gdb, which is why you see the kill() code. I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

Greg

On Jun 15, 2007, at 9:57 AM, jiangyangtz wrote:

Sorry. It's my mistake. The "suspend" funciton  works well.

I wrote a infinit loop in my test program (while (1){}) on purpose.When the program's running state is caused by "-exec-continue", the process *CAN* be suspended by "HLT" command.

Regards,
Jie

From: yangtzj@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:42:23 +0800
CC:
Subject: [ptp-dev] Can't suspend running process

Hi Clement,

When I tried to suspend a running job by pressing the "suspend" button on the toolbar, the job didn't stop and remained running.

I have attached to sdm client and server process to see what on earch happened. I can ensure that the sdm server has sent a SIGINT singal to the inferior gdb (MISession.c: kill(sess->pid, SIGINT)).

But the sdm server can't receive any MI output from gdb. It seems that there is no any responese from gdb. Because sdm server can't receive the "*stopped" OOB message, there would be no stop event returned to UI.

Have you ever met this problem? And why can't sdm server receive "*stopped" MI output?

PS. My gdb is version 6.4, where the "-exec-interrupt" MI command has no effect on the executation of the inferior process. And gdb is launched as follows: gdb -i mi -tty /dev/null xxx.

Regards,
Jie

探索 Windows Vista 的世界 了解更多信息!

通过 Live.com 查看资讯、娱乐信息和您关心的其他信息! 立即尝试!