[ptp-dev] PTP test plan

Last night I started testing the build (PTP and PLDT from the builds page
at
http://www.eclipse.org/ptp/builds.php) from Linux (RedHat / IBM's build) on
a single machine.
http://www.eclipse.org/ptp/docs/releases/release-1.1.php
were fine. (I love the new simple build procedure!)

I'm running thru the test plan at
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/PTP/testing/1.x .
I opened the runtime perspective first per the instructions.
Since I have PLDT installed, I open preferences to set the MPI info before
creating a project.
"PTP" page in the left navigator section of the help window, it wants to
set the control and runtime preferences
and won't let me leave the PTP preferences page until I do.
expect?  That the user needs to set them?
Even without setting these in preferences (I closed preferences dialog w/o
setting it) Runtime perspective works.

For Debug, the test plan doesn't say but it seems I need to set,
preferences, path to backend debugger and SDM executable?
Will continue that test this afternoon...

Am I being too picky? Seems this is a good walk-thru for new users too, so
it would be nice for it to be accurate.
...Beth

Back to the top