Re: [ptp-dev] RC3 debugger croaks on MPI_Status

Clement,
It won't support it, meaning we can't have MPI_Status in an MPI program?
Or just that it won't appear correctly in the variables view?
Thanks!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Clement Chu
             <clement.chu@csse
             .monash.edu.au>                                            To
             Sent by:                  Parallel Tools Platform general
             ptp-dev-bounces@e         developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/05/2006 07:32          Re: [ptp-dev] RC3 debugger croaks
             PM                        on MPI_Status

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

fixed the java.lang.ClassCastException problem.  It still not support
MPI_Status in linux at the monent.

Clement

Beth Tibbitts wrote:

> Restarted everything.  All processes ended with error.
> Console showed this (see bottom of note), amongst other things
>
> Hmmmm...  Type not supported ... seems like there was something in my
> sample
> test file that I was encouraged to comment out a while back...
> I built this one from the sample file within the MPI help plugin again...
> Ah... MPI_Status.
> When I comment out the declaration and use of MPI_Status, it steps and
> runs just fine.
>
> ...Beth
>

> ======================= EVENT_DBG_ERROR ====================
> ----- debugger error: Debugger error: type not supported (yet)
> ------------
>     --- Abs debugger:
> org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.ErrorEvent@27662766
> ***** CURRENT COMMAND:
> org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.commands.StopDebuggerCommand@10a010a
> <00000003 QUI>
> ===================== event:
> org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.ErrorEvent@27662766
> Exception in thread "IDebugger Event Thread"
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.ErrorEvent incompatible
> with org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.event.InferiorSignaledEvent
>         at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager.handleDebugEvents(UIDebugManager.java:567)

>         at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager.access$0(UIDebugManager.java:517)

>         at org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager$5.run
> (UIDebugManager.java:508)
>         at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1721)
>         at
> org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1741)
>         at
> org.eclipse.ptp.debug.internal.ui.UIDebugManager.handleDebugEvents
> (UIDebugManager.java:512)
>         at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.EventManager.fireEvents(EventManager.java:88)

>         at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.cdi.EventManager.update(EventManager.java:64)

>         at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Observable.java:157)
>         at

org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.AbstractDebugger.notifyObservers(AbstractDebugger.java:192)

>         at org.eclipse.ptp.debug.external.core.EventThread.run
> (EventThread.java:43)
> AbstractProxyDebugClientgot event EVENT_OK 111 8:FF
> got debug event: EVENT_DBG_OK ff
>

> --
> ...Beth

Clement Kam Man Chu
Research Assistant
School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Monash University, Caulfield Campus
Ph: 61 3 9903 1964