[ptp-dev] news update

Latest PTP news:

1. Contribution of MPI Development Tools by IBM.

IBM has graciously contributed the work they've been doing on tools for helping MPI developers to the PTP project. The source code is now available in org.eclipse.ptp/tools on the CVS server. The plug-ins are:

    org.eclipse.ptp.mpi.core
    org.eclipse.ptp.mpi.help
    org.eclipse.ptp.mpi-feature

We plan to include the MPI Development Tools in the release plan for PTP.

2. Proposed delay in release of PTP.

Due to problems we've discovered in the integration of OpenMPI with Eclipse using JNI, we would like to propose moving the first release date to 1 November. This will give us time to re-engineer the runtime and debugger interfaces avoid using JNI. This will not only solve the OpenMPI issue, but will also simplify interfacing other runtime systems. It should also make Windows support easier in the future.

I'll keep you up-to-date on other news as it comes to hand...

Greg

Back to the top