[ptp-dev] Debug bug report

I found some bugs in Parallel Debug Plugin.

1. All processes will changed their status from terminate to running in set. For example, the job is running 10 processes. At the startup, all the processes's icons will change to green to represent they are running. If all the processes hit on a breakpoint, their icon will change from green to yellow. It means they are suspended. Then I resumed the specify processes such as process0 and process1. The icon of process0 and process1 will change to green and others are still in yellow. After a while, the process0 and process1 are finished. Their icon will chnage to red. At this moment, there are two red and 8 green icons in the parallel debug view. If I clicked the resume button in parallel debug view to resume all the processes in the current set, all icons will change to green incluing the terminated process0 and process1. After a while, the process from 2 to 10 will be finished and their icon changed from green to red, but the process0 and process1 are still in green.

2.  No suspend method in Session class.

3. Wrong "step into" action in Parallel debug view. (I have fixed this problem)

4. The "step return" button should be enabled after we clicked the "step into" in parallel debug view. Normally, it should be disabled even if the process is hit on breakpoint. Logically, we cannot do step return before doing step into. In the parallel debug view, the debug buttons should control all the processes inside this view. If there is one process in step into mode, then the step return button should be enabled. I think we need to have a checking in debug core when the step return button is clicked. Only step return for stepped into process. Currently, there is no checking, so the error message is displayed when I clicked the step return button.

5. All the debug targets in debug view are called "TestPTP". I think we should use job name to represent each debug target.

6. After clicked the resume button in parallel debug view, the annotation marker is still in source editor. (I have fixed this problem) Currently, I hard code the filename to remove the annoation. Later on I will get the filename from resume event when the method is done.

7. The resume button is disabled in parallel debug view even if there are some processes in suspended mode. For example, 10 processes is hit on breakpoint. I step into the specify process0 and then terminate this process. The resume button is disabled in parallel debug view. (I have fixed this problem).

8. There is no filename and line number in "EndSteppingRangeEvent". I think it should have the same attribute with "BreakpointHitEvent".

Regards,
Clement

--
Clement Kam Man Chu