[ptp-dev] RC1 testing

I got CDT (components from list in release plan instructions) from version
3_0   (Note: won't work with CDT from HEAD. had build errors.)
(Hint: turn off "Build automatically" before you start.)

(I'm running on win32.  I know, I expect to get simulator only...)  (I'm
also running
I got PTP  (incl. FDT) from HEAD (can't see versions, per my earlier
post.), including FDT
      Under FDT instructions:
      Also got, under cdt-core, org.eclipse.cdt.refactoring, which Craig
had told me to get, but wasn't list.   Is that correct?
      Typo in project name "org.ecipse.cdt-debug"  needs an "L"
      Under cdt-debug, Also got win32.*
      Under FDT components, org.eclipse.ptp/lang/ , the order is a bit off,
which made me stumble. ".tests" should be before ".ui" to match CVS order.
(a nit, I know)
Ran Craig's install script to copy CDT changes for FDT.
Refreshed everything, turned build back on, and had to run Clean... a
couple of times, and everything now compiles ok.

Again from the  release plan instructions, under "Debug Core"..
(Note in step 2. the core and debug parts come from two different projects,
but it's fairly obvious - which projects those 6 org.eclipse.ptp.* projects
come from)
Did 3. Launch Eclipse applciation
Need to add 4. "Open Parallel Dev. Perspective"  I assume

(Most of these are probably stupid first-time user setup issues, but
thought you'd want to know...)
I get the expected welcomes from Nathan about Simulator-only and resetting
things in Preferences.
Thanks. Nathan.
However you must have missed one.
If i bring up preferences, on the Parallel Dev>OpenMPI page, it won't let
me leave the page "The currently displayed page contains invalid values."
      Red"X" "Invalid orte daemon file"
      Don't have OpenMPI, and don't know what to tell it to make it happy
If I restart prefs, have similar problem on Debug>Parallel Debugger page.
      Probably stupid question, but what are valid ranges? Are units for
Communication time out, and Event time range, say, in msec?  I put in "10"
for each and it quit whining.
I left everything else as default.  I have learned not to visit the pages
it won't let me leave.

..stopping here for today...
so far not bad!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top