Re: [ptp-dev] Question about remving a job from universe

You should be able to:
Universe.removeChild(JobObject).
It's a method on internal.Parent and can be done on any of the core classes - Node, Job, Process, etc. Once you remove the job, you probably need to send the even that tells all the listeners of the model to update / refresh their view (in other words, to contact the model manager and get a refresh of the new universe, which now has one next job in it).

Looking forward to checking out the progress bar. I have a place I'd like to add that too - I'll steal your code and use it in another place. :)

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@xxxxxxxx

Clement Chu wrote:

Hi Nathan,

I added the progress monitor when the program is launching. If the job will run 1000 processes, you can see the progress bar increment. I added that it will remove the creating job from universe if the user clicked on the cancel button in progress bar dialog. My question is that I still see that job in machine view. Do you know how to remove the job forever? Also, I am thinking to add a popup menu in job view to remove the stopped job. Thanks.

Regards,
Clement