[ptp-dev] Fw: PTP for C/C++/MPI; schedule another call

Greetings,

Our group is working on various high performance and Grid Computing Tools
at IBM T.J. Watson Research.
Our interests and expertise for PTP involvement lie in tools building upon
CDT for C/C++ hi performance computing users,
targeting using MPI at first, but probably extendable to other scenarios.
These contributions are targeted at near-term, i.e., for possible inclusion
in Sept. 2005 milestone.

We have discussed this with Greg, Nathan, and Craig at LANL but wanted to
add this to
the newsgroup for possible ideas/discussion as well.

Possible areas of contribution include:
1. MPI code review helpers: MPI keyword lookups, including content
assist/code templates, view(s) of MPI calls found, with markers placed at
MPI calls in the code, method name/argument completion.  Easy lookup of MPI
symbol/keyword/constants.
2. MPI code construction helpers:  Wizards/template for common MPI
constructs/paradigms, e.g. scatter/gather, broadcast/reduce, etc.
3. MPI "Glossary" - of API information and descriptions... Some function
similar to Javadoc in JDT perhaps?  Or perhaps a simpler implementation.

It may be that some of the above can be implemented with existing code
templates and content assist,
specifiable in Preference Pages, etc.  We need to determine what the CDT
gives us so far.
We are  working for now on the most recent CDT build, on 3.1M6.

Any feedback on the above areas of contribution?  I currently have an FDT
on Windows (will need to modify source -- per Greg's suggestion --  for
different compiler, possibly the free G95).
Altho, the C/C++ work we propose to do will probably be independent of
that, at least at first.
I have a PTP plug-in set from CVS source as well.

We look forward to our participation!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top