Re: [polarsys-iwg] on ReqCycle

> Le 13 avr. 2017 à 11:31, Carsten Pitz <carsten.pitz@xxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> Beside my feeling it is a shame to abandon such a fine piece of work, this also make me doubt the Polarsys toolchain will ever cover the whole V.
Did I say I abandon ReqCycle? No. I just shared with Polarsys community that it was hard to find efforts to improve ReqCycle and that I was looking for support to help building an import feature that is still missing (teamwork).

> With Francis leaving Ericsson, also Titan silently vanished from the Polarsys portfolio. Titan was the only tool in the Polarsys portfolio that covered parts of the right side branch, the validation branch of the V.
>
> And now ReqCycle …
ReqCycle is still there and works.

> ReqCycle is the only tool within the Polarsys portfolio I am aware of that offers requirements traceability. Requirements traceability is explicitly required by the DO178 and the IEC 61508 including its derivatives the CENELEC or the ISO 26262 just to name two of them.
Good to hear that. So, what about you? are you ready to support? can you help in a way or another (design, validation, coding…)?

> If ReqCycle is abadoned, how to fulfill the DO178 or the IEC 61508 using the Polarsys toolchain?
Why would we abandon it? Be careful about wrong interpretations.
Please read carefully what I said and tell me what suggests to you that ReqCycle is abandoned.

Best regards
Raphaël Faudou