[polarsys-iwg] on ReqCycle

Beside my feeling it is a shame to abandon such a fine piece of work, this also make me doubt the Polarsys toolchain will ever cover the whole V.

With Francis leaving Ericsson, also Titan silently vanished from the Polarsys portfolio. Titan was the only tool in the Polarsys portfolio that covered parts of the right side branch, the validation branch of the V.

And now ReqCycle ...

ReqCycle is the only tool within the Polarsys portfolio I am aware of that offers requirements traceability. Requirements traceability is explicitly required by the DO178 and the IEC 61508 including its derivatives the CENELEC or the ISO 26262 just to name two of them.

If ReqCycle is abadoned, how to fulfill the DO178 or the IEC 61508 using the Polarsys toolchain?

Best regards,

Carsten Pitz

Back to the top