Re: [polarsys-iwg] Get involved in the PolarSys Rover project - WebEx session about the PolarSys Rover project proposal

I concur with Martin. For example, I am developing an Autonomous Rover version running on an Arduino Mega 2560 micro-controller, the Arduino FreeRTOS library and an Open Source Arduino Fine State Machine library.

I am also showing how the toolchain can be used to support Very Small Entities lifecycle development processes using the ISO/IEC 29110 family of standards.

Requirements Management is done using the Eclipse Requirements Management Framework. System modeling is done on Papyrus SysML and software modeling on Papyrus  UML with the Arduino port of the CDT.

It is important that the systems and software engineering community understand that there is not only one way to make the Polarsys toolchain work for them to solve a common problem, and not only one hardware/software environment that it can serve.

Ronald

Hi Gaël,

thank you for your effort in making the rover a real project.

I will gladly join and contribute, initially we will also publish our
SysML model including the hooks for platform & variant management.

As such, I completely agree with Charles, we need to discuss the project
setup.

Personally, I think we need a common baseline project as well as
subprojects dedicated to individual interests and solutions.
The possibilities we have with the rover are manifold, we should not
confine ourselves to a single solution.

Merging individual solutions to the core package and delivering the show
case from that core sounds like the way to go.

Best regards,
Martin Jung

Am 14.04.2016 um 11:08 schrieb Gaël Blondelle:
> Dear all,
>
> I am really happy that our initiative for the creation of educational
> material for the Polarsys solutions becomes concrete with the creation
> of the Polarsys Rover project (see the proposal here
> <https://www.polarsys.org/proposals/polarsys-rover>).
>
> It is the right moment to raise your hand if you want to be listed as
> interested party in the project or, even better, if you plan to
> contribute very soon and should be added to the list of initial committers.
>
> You can join me in the webex meeting (see invitation in attachment) when
> we will:
> * Present the PolarSys Rover proposal
> * Give a status about current prototype and when to expect a good
> distributable PolarSys rover kit
> * Present the talk
> <https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2016/session/fun-and-education-polarsys-rover-and-polarsys-solutions>
> that has just been accepted at EclipseCon France
> * Ask who wants to be listed as interested party
> * Ask who wants to be an initial committer, and with what initial contribution
> * Discuss other ideas and timeline
>
> Let's talk together this Friday, or later on the project mailing list.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Gaël Blondelle
> Director European Ecosystem Development
> Eclipse Foundation Europe
> Phone: +33 (0)673 392 185
> Email: gael.blondelle@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Twitter: @gblondelle

Dr.-Ing. Martin Jung
Diplom-Informatiker (Univ.)
Bereichsleitung Software Engineering Consulting SEC

PGP public key ID: 0x3F2D0402 http://pgp.mit.edu/

Basys Gesellschaft für Anwender- und Systemsoftware mbH

Ein Unternehmen der develop group

Am Weichselgarten 4, 91058 Erlangen
Fon: +49 (0) 9131 777-40
Mob: +49 (0) 172 8283142
Fax: +49 (0) 9131 777-444
E-Mail: jung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.develop-group.de

Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Detlef Kips, Dr. Michael Zanzinger

Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 2409

Diese E-Mail könnte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe
dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.