Sujet : [science-iwg] Facebook Open Academy for Winter 2016
Date : Mon, 16 Nov 2015 13:56:07 -0500
De : Andrea Ross <andrea.ross@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Répondre à : Science Industry Working Group <science-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Pour : Location IWG <location-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, science-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx <science-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, iot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx, Polarsys IWG <polarsys-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Everyone,

Facebook Open Academy is now taking applicants for Winter 2016.

If you're not familiar, this is a program that involves top students from great Universities & Colleges matched to work on open source projects for the term. Students work roughly 8 to 10 hours per week to complete features, fix bugs, and generally participate in the project's community. Typically they do so working in groups of 4 or more.

Mentors are expected to invest a few hours per week to mentor. The program also includes a face to face code sprint running for 3 days. We anticipate multiple code sprint locations this winter including ones in North America, Europe, and Asia. (Facebook generously reimburses mentors for travel costs)

For what it's worth, I highly recommend the program.

If you are interested, please complete the application form ASAP. Thanks! Please do let me know of your interest so I can put a good word in with the FOA team.

Kind regards,

Andrea