[polarsys-iwg] Call for papers reminders and announcements

Dear all,

Here are the next deadlines for Call for Papers. Feel free to send other links if I miss something.

Embedded World Conference: Deadline is September 9th!
This is the final reminder that the Call for Paper for Embedded World Conference is ending on September 9. It think you still have time to submit an abstract. What it needs is a 3000 characters abstract that fit in one of these categories (Software Engineering, System Engineering, Safety and Security, Hardware Engineering, and more). I think that a lot of our projects have good stories to tell in this context.

On my side, after our discussion at the Incose Symposium and the work he published on the wiki about the Rover, I am writing an article with Ronald Houde about how to use PolarSys tooling to support ISO29110 approach and improve the PolarSys Rover use case. If you think you could contribute to this thematic, feel free to contact me very soon to discuss if we can include you in the loop.

If you plan to write an article, please drop me a line by email with the authors and topic so that we have a good understanding of what the community is submitting. I may try to connect you to another member of the community who will be a very good co-author in your topic.

Incose Symposium 2016 CFP opens!
Less urgent but still to be added in you calendar. The CfP for the next Incose Symposium in July 2016 in Edinburgh was just published this week. Submissions are due by November 8. You can access the full CfP doc here

Again, let’s try to coordinate our efforts a bit, and to submit the best papers and tutorials we can as a group.

Annual IEEE Systems Conference CfP: deadline is October 15th.
Stéphane Bonnet pointed me to this CfP of the next IEEE Systems Conference, in April in Orlando. The topics are consistent with what we do in PolarSys so it may be worth submitting a paper. The full call for paper is on this page. Initially, I was thinking on going to this conference which is the largest of the Embedded Systems Conference, but it happens the exact same week than the next Incose Symposium so we may choose another of the ESC dates or this IEEE conference.

Best regards,
Eclipse Foundation +33 673 392 185

Back to the top