[polarsys-iwg] State of TOPCASED?

Hello everyone,

I have been working with the TOPCASED UML editor. One of the reasons is that it supports some parts of UML better than Papyrus, like deployment diagrams.

I wonder what the actual plans concerning TOPCASED are. All information I could find so far says that it is to be "migrated" into PolarSys.

As far as I understand, plans of providing PolarSys as a standalone IDE have been dropped in favour of a SDK as an Eclipse update site?

Moreover, I am surprised because the UML editor part of PolarSys seems to be provided by the (original) Papyrus.

The only information the (former) TOPCASED website states now is "To be completed with informations about the migration of Topcased to PolarSys." which isn't really helpful.

Maybe someone can help me and state what the plans concerning the TOPCASED UML editor?

Greetings,

Jens

Back to the top