De : polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Marc Pantel
Envoyé : vendredi 7 février 2014 11:15
À : Polarsys IWG
Objet : Re: [polarsys-iwg] PolarSys IDE - 0.8M1 is available

Hi Sébastien,

That would be a very good idea to have a student dedicated version with a simplified GUI as we have had issues with many UML tools which are too expressive and sophisticated for short courses.

Best regards,
Marc

Le 7 févr. 2014 à 11:01, GERARD Sebastien 166342 a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks Pierre. Moreover, it is also very interesting for us to understand what are the difficulties ?
> If you want, you can visit us at CEA (see attached plan to come) and we can discuss together to analysis your issues.
> Finally, the issue you are cited related your students is maybe a broader subject to discuss. We are starting to launch an action dedicated to build specific material and maybe also a dedicated version of Papyrus for education. We could also imagine to have several specific version where the scope of the UML (or other modeling language) could be dynamically revisited according to the expertise level of the user.
>
> Finally, the Papyrus team is welcome everyone who want to contribute to its improvements.
>
> Best. Sébastien.

> Sébastien Gérard
> +33 (0)1 69 08 58 24 / +33(0)6 88 20 00 47
> CEA Saclay Nano-INNOV
> Institut CARNOT CEA LIST
> DILS/Laboratoire d'Ingénierie dirigée par les modèles pour les
> Systèmes Embarqués (LISE), Point Courrier n°174
> 91 191 Gif sur Yvette CEDEX
> www.eclipse.org/papyrus
>
> De : polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Pierre
> Gaufillet Envoyé : vendredi 7 février 2014 09:53 À : Polarsys IWG
> Objet : Re: [polarsys-iwg] PolarSys IDE - 0.8M1 is available
>
> Hello Bernard!
>
> Papyrus is still not perfect, but its development team works hard at improving it!
> Moreover, PolarSys 0.8M1 is still embedding Kepler and Papyrus 0.10.x.
>
> If you want to test the cutting edge version of the tool, download the latest milestone of Eclipse Modeling Tools at https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index-developer.php and install Papyrus (Help/Install Modeling Components). PolarSys IDE will soon switch to Luna anyway.
>
> Please also consider reporting bugs or enhancement requests (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=MDT.Papyrus&component=Core&rep_platform=All&op_sys=All). It would help developers to fill the gaps.
>
> Pierre
>
> Le 6 févr. 2014 à 16:05, bernard.granier <bernard.granier@xxxxxx> a écrit :
>

> ok thanks for your answer
>
> Am I the only one who complains about papyrus editors ? They are really painfull to use.
>
> To students who discover UML found Topcased complex but Papyrus is a real nightmare ...
>

> Bernard Granier
> 8 rue Michel de l'Hospital
> 95310 Saint Ouen l'Aumone
> 01 30 37 27 84

Marc Pantel
Maître de Conférences en Informatique
Assistant Professor in Computer Science
IRIT - Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse - CNRS
N7 - INPT - Université de Toulouse - France - Europe
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Rue+Charles+Camichel,+31000+Toulouse,+France&z=16
phone +(33) 534 32 2185
fax +(33) 534 32 2157
cell +(33) 676 221 687