Re: [polarsys-iwg] one Question on Model Management with GIT

Title: one Question on Model Management with GIT
Hello Xavier,
that is one of the reasons, why we use a lot of textual DSLs (Xtext). With the right grammar the diff and merge is no big deal. (www.eclipse.org/etrice)

Since I suppose you have to stay with the XML files, here my thoughts:
- If you have the XSDs for your XML Format you could generate an ecore spec from the XSD and use EMF Diff/Merge -> works for small projects, but I have no experience with bigger, distributed models
- Use an XML Diff Tool (Win Merge, Projectmerge, ...) -> so far I have not found the perfect tool

Please let me know about your final solution.

Regards,

Thomas

------------------
Besuchen Sie uns auf dem Embedded 4 You Technologietag:

------------------
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Schuetz
Geschäftsführer
Protos Software GmbH