Re: [polarsys-iwg] Licenses authorized in Polarsys projects

There is nothing “special” about Polarsys in that regard. Any such dependency would have to be declared via a CQ, and a determination made whether it is a works-with, exempt prereq, or non-exempt prereq[1].

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf

Given Mike’s answer I think we are good on the LPGL front. Now I know that it is currently not possible to host GPL, yet we know that CDT or other tools interact with tools that are GPL but are running in a different process. So my question now is the following:

-          Could a Polarsys project host p2 metadata (where p2 metadata is defined as being a machine-readable description of a component) that mentions the existence of a GPL component but yet the component is not stored or obtained from the Eclipse Foundation server?

Back to the top