Re: [polarsys-iwg] Eclipse Tool Stack Interchange Format v0.1

To be clear, is this about driving an installer, providing a descriptor to build an eclipse downloads, etc...

-----Original Message-----
From: polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Rapicault
Sent: April-16-13 11:27 AM
To: Polarsys IWG
Subject: Re: [polarsys-iwg] Eclipse Tool Stack Interchange Format v0.1

I have not been part of the EclipseCon workshop, so I would be curious to know what is the goal of this format?

Having spent some time with Buckminster, it's clear there is some overlap.  However, like Tim said, there should be.  The goal is to create a common format for modeling and exchanging tool stacks.

Aside from Erdal's comment, we haven't heard anything regarding the ETSIF.  Does anybody else out there have opinions in this space?  Is this format something applicable to your work?

Cheers,
Jed Anderson
Genuitec, LLC