From: polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gaël Blondelle
Sent: den 25 januari 2013 18:30
To: Polarsys IWG
Subject: Re: [polarsys-iwg] Combitech membership in Polarsys

Good news Gert!

Ralph will guide you through the process of becoming a Polarsys member (signing the Eclipse and Polarsys agreements).

And you can count on you to help move the ArCon project to Eclipse/Polarsys.

On this topic, I have a question: do you think that it would be better to host it in Eclipse or in Polarsys?Hi

The rule I have in mind is that:

  • General purpose projects should be hosted in Eclipse and referenced in Polarsys
  • Embedded Systems specific projects should be hosted in Polarsys.

As far as I understand, ArCon is in the middle as:

  • It applies to UML which is a generic purpose modeling language
  • But the mains use case is to check for model templates conformity which can be useful in IT, but should be more important valuable in embedded systems.

Welcome aboard!

Gaël Blondelle

Obeo

+33 672 120 226