Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Problem with files that changed status...

Lars,

This seems like a good idea. Please log an enhancement request
in bugzillas against Platform Team.

Michael

Lars Grunewaldt wrote...

Hi there,

I have one problem with the otherwise great working synchronize function
and FTP transfers. If file dates have changed on the server or in the
local workbench, i.e. because a chmod was used or eclipse crashed and
the file dates are missing in the export information, there seems to be
now way to tell Eclipse that those files are actually up-to-date without
forcing upload or download.

This can be quite annoying if you are absolutly sure that the file
content is identical and there are many files in the project, because
you have to upload or download them before getting proper change results.

Are there any plans to improve this? Maybe it would be an option to add
something like "update file date" or anything alike in the synchronize
options.

I know this is not a nice thing to do because it breaks continuity of
file managment, but loading up 250 files again because Eclipse has
stored a wrong file date is really not nice.

thanks,
~  Lars

PS: I hope I send this to the right list, if not, could you please point
out where to send such a question.

Back to the top