[platform-webdav-dev] Fw: Equinox code reformatting/organize/... completed!

Now that Jeff has been the guinea pig and used the tools on the Equinox
code with success, I'm going to do the same thing with the rest of the Core
code so we are consitent across the component.

Specifically this means all projects that are included in the core.map
build submission file.
(non-equinox runtime, resources, pde.build, webdav, and core tests)

Please release any outgoing changes to the repository by the end of day
today.

Thanks.

equinox-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 04/15/2004 10:49:26 PM:

> The reformatting, renaming and reorganization is done.  Please be on
> the look out for any issues/strangeness.  I did random spot checks
> and found nothing unusual.
>
> Here is what happened.
>
> 0) only packages starting with org.eclipse.osgi or org.eclipse.core
> were affected.  org.osgi packages were NOT affected.  Note that the
> non-Equinox parts of core.runtime were also not changed.  In all
> cases whole projects were tagged however.
>
> 1) tag with "before_dup_removal"
>
> 2) rename duplicate *classes* as follows (in general these were
> duplicates of the corresponding interface)
> Bundle = AbstractBundle
> BundleContext = BundleContextImpl
> PackageAdmin = PackageAdminImpl
> Filter = FilterImpl
> PermissionAdmin = PermissionAdminImpl
> ServiceReference = ServiceReferenceImpl
> ServiceRegistration = ServiceRegistrationImpl
> BundleLocalization = BundleLocalizationImpl
> PermissionStorage
>         framework.util => SecurePermissionStorage
>         defaultadaptor =>DefaultPermissionStorage
> StartLevelImpl => StartLevelManager
> merge StartLevelFactory into StartLevelManager
> rename StartLevel => StartLevelImpl
>
> 3) tag with "after_dup_removal"
>
> 4) tag with "before_Equinox_reformat"
>
> 5) reformat all Equinox code
>
> 6) tag with "after_Equinox_reformat"
>
> 7) forgot to tag with "before_Equinox_organize"
>
> 8) organize imports for all Equinox code
>
> 9) tag with "after_Equinox_organize"
>
> 10) kick back and admire the beautiful code...

Back to the top