[platform-webdav-dev] Q about using ASCII character 10 (<LF>) in Text node of proppatch

I need to include the <LF> character (ASCII character 10 ) in a Text node
for a property I'm setting using proppatch.  However, whenever I do this,
the string on the WebDAV server side ends up containing the ASCII sequence
<CR><LF> instead of just <LF>.

Is there a way of doing this so that <LF>, rather than <CR><LF>, is what
arrives on the WebDAV server side?

Please see the attached code sample for more detail on what I'm currently
doing:

      (See attached file: SimpleDAVCreateAppt.java)