Re: [platform-webdav-dev] plugin cannot handle folders without etag

For synchronization to be supported you need a unique id for a resource.
For collections or folders you could simply store a dummy timestamp. This
would mean that you could show folders/collections as additions/deletions
but not has changes.
Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Alexander Sack <asac@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-webdav-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
04/05/2004 10:32 AM
Please respond to
platform-webdav-dev

platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-webdav-dev] plugin cannot handle folders without etag

I am trying to get the webdav plugin to work with the latest slide beta
release.
Apparently in slide (in contrast to webdav) does not provide an etag for
folders. (Note: AFAIK, this is legal for webdav)

This leads to the following problem:

   WebDavSubscriberResource. getRemoteSyncBytes()

fails with a TeamException, since slide returns NOT_FOUND for propfind
(getetag) on folder resources.

I have tried to work around this issue, by simply returning null from
the getRemoteSyncBytes method
if the resource does not provide an etag, but unfortunatly I run into an
assertion error in setBaseBytes()
by doing so.

Any ideas how to handle synchronization with folders/collections that do
not provide etags?

What would be a clean way to integrate this into sychronization?

Alexander