Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP management from WebDav/FTP Component

I think I misunderstood the original case.  On rereading it seems you are
not using the DAV component now?  I had assumed that the issues you raised
were with the DAV component rather than with your own code.

So, in this new context, I don't think that anything in particular is
broken in the DAV support and I would hope that we would not have two
different HTTP support implementations in Eclipse.  Therefore, it makes
most sense to me to look at including the DAV component in the Platform
base.  This is likely a PMC question.

Jeff

                      celek@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                           To:      platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-webdav-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                        Subject: Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP
                                                         management from WebDav/FTP Component

                      10/30/2002 06:47 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-webdav-dev

Sure, what is broken ? What needs to be done ?
Can we ensure it will be part of the Platform Base ?

PS: most component will rely on the HTTP part of the component though, and
I already separated them in my workspace... Whay are the disadvantages or
refactoring and fixing ?

Christophe Elek
Eclipse.org (Platform Update Core)
IBM Canada Ltd.

celek@xxxxxxxxxx
(905) 413-3467

             "Jeff McAffer"
             <Jeff_McAffer@o
             ti.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                 platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-webdav                                            cc
             -dev-admin@ecli
             pse.org                                                   bcc

             10/29/2002
             12:30 PM                                              Subject
                                      Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting
                                      HTTP management from WebDav/FTP
             Please respond           Component
             platform-webdav
                  -dev

Why not just fix the FTP/Webdav component and use it rather than copying
code?  That way everyone benefits and we don't bloat any more than we
already are.

Jeff

                      celek@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                           To:
platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-webdav-dev-admin@         cc:

                      eclipse.org                        Subject:
[platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP
                                                         management from
WebDav/FTP Component

                      10/29/2002 11:57 AM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-webdav-dev

The update team wants to improve its URL management and thus wants to
extract some code form WebDav/FTP.

Currently we are unable to cancel a URL connection, we do not provide
sufficient proxy management and the authentication management does not
support multiple Authenticator. We are about to copy some code from
FTP/WebDav component and include it into UM... any recommendations before
We start ?

Should we 'just' extract the http client code; include it in Core so both
of the component can use it ?

thanks