Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP management from WebDav/FTP Component

Sure, what is broken ? What needs to be done ?
Can we ensure it will be part of the Platform Base ?

PS: most component will rely on the HTTP part of the component though, and
I already separated them in my workspace... Whay are the disadvantages or
refactoring and fixing ?

Christophe Elek
Eclipse.org (Platform Update Core)
IBM Canada Ltd.

celek@xxxxxxxxxx
(905) 413-3467

             "Jeff McAffer"
             <Jeff_McAffer@o
             ti.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                 platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             platform-webdav                                            cc
             -dev-admin@ecli
             pse.org                                                   bcc

             10/29/2002
             12:30 PM                                              Subject
                                      Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting
                                      HTTP management from WebDav/FTP
             Please respond           Component
             platform-webdav
                  -dev

Why not just fix the FTP/Webdav component and use it rather than copying
code?  That way everyone benefits and we don't bloat any more than we
already are.

Jeff

                      celek@xxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                           To:
platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-webdav-dev-admin@         cc:

                      eclipse.org                        Subject:
[platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP
                                                         management from
WebDav/FTP Component

                      10/29/2002 11:57 AM

                      Please respond to

                      platform-webdav-dev

The update team wants to improve its URL management and thus wants to
extract some code form WebDav/FTP.

Currently we are unable to cancel a URL connection, we do not provide
sufficient proxy management and the authentication management does not
support multiple Authenticator. We are about to copy some code from
FTP/WebDav component and include it into UM... any recommendations before
We start ?

Should we 'just' extract the http client code; include it in Core so both
of the component can use it ?

thanks