Re: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP management from WebDav/FTP Component

Why not just fix the FTP/Webdav component and use it rather than copying
code?  That way everyone benefits and we don't bloat any more than we
already are.

Jeff

                      celek@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                           To:      platform-webdav-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-webdav-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                        Subject: [platform-webdav-dev] Extracting HTTP
                                                         management from WebDav/FTP Component

                      10/29/2002 11:57 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-webdav-dev

The update team wants to improve its URL management and thus wants to
extract some code form WebDav/FTP.

Currently we are unable to cancel a URL connection, we do not provide
sufficient proxy management and the authentication management does not
support multiple Authenticator. We are about to copy some code from
FTP/WebDav component and include it into UM... any recommendations before
We start ?

Should we 'just' extract the http client code; include it in Core so both
of the component can use it ?

thanks

Christophe Elek
Eclipse.org (Platform Update Core)