RE: [platform-vcm-dev] File has changed on the file system. Do you want to load the changes ?

From your description so far, I'm not even certain why the file is getting out-of-sync. Do you have code that modifies a java.io.File directly? If so, what you would want to do is get a handle to the corresponding IFile and invoke refreshLocal on the handle immediatly after modifying the file.

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

13/01/2004 12:30 PM

Please respond to
platform-vcm-dev

<platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [platform-vcm-dev] File has changed on the file system. Do you want to load the changes ?

How do we fix it within our code Will  a manual refresh of the file help.
Do we use source.refreshlocal() within our plugin .If so where do we use this method. Is it in the validatedit method ?

Re: [platform-vcm-dev] File has changed on the file system. Do you want to load the changes ?

This will happen if an editor is open and a file changes in the local file system. To fix the problem, perform a refresh on the project (or file) in the navigator or packages explorer.

Michael

"Kadadi, Usha D" <Usha.Kadadi@xxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

13/01/2004 12:14 PM

Please respond to
platform-vcm-dev

<platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[platform-vcm-dev] File has changed on the file system. Do you want to load the changes ?

If the file is out of sync with the workspace. How do we synchronise it with the workspace.

Back to the top