[platform-vcm-dev] Synchronize View

Some may of noticed that in the latest 3.0 milestone builds there is some
work is underway to enhance the Synchronize View. We also plan to have API
available so that any plug-in can participate in the Synchronize View. For
those who are already using the view via the internal classes the
transition should not be too extreme.

We would particularly like to hear from those plug-ins developers that have
used the internal classes to see if our proposed solution is on the right
track.

If you have seen the Team 3.0 plan you will also notice that we will
provide a Team API based on JSR-147. Our goal is to have the Synchronize
View APIs separate from the Team API such that we don't force plug-ins to
implement the whole JSR just to integrate into the view. There is however
much work to be done in that area and we will keep you updated as we
progress.

Please follow our progress and provide feedback by reading the ever
evolving documentation and - download the milestone or integration builds
and try it out!

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/platform-vcm-home/docs/online/team3.0/synchronizing_solution.html

Cheers,
Jean-Michel