Re: [platform-vcm-dev] Phantom Resources

Patrick,

Just to add to John's message, the core synchronizer (org.eclipse.core.resources.ISynchronizer) allows non-local  (or remote) synchronization information to be associated with a resource. Resources that have do not exist locally and have syncronization information associated with them will be returned by invoking IContainer#members(true /* include phantoms*/). However, be warned that there is no general UI in Eclipse that makes use of phantoms. In other words, there is no way to create a non-local resource and have it appear in the Resource Navigator view or the Java Packages view. The Team team is in the process of creating a generic sychronization view that supports synchronization between the local workspace and a remote storage location (e.g. repository). I can't say whether this will help you or not without knowing more about why you are looking into non-local resources (I suspect you may have been thrown off by the mention of "non-local" in the IResource API. Although it is part of the API, non-localness of an IResource is not currently supported).

Michael

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

23/06/2003 01:19 PM