Re: [platform-vcm-dev] org.eclipse.team.core.sync

Also see the corresponding org.eclipse.team.ui.sync, which has been renamed
to org.eclipse.team.internal.ui.sync. These are bits and pieces that are
useful to providers who want to make use of a Sync view like we have in
CVS. They are intended to be reusable, but we didn't have time to validate
the API as thoroughly as we would have liked. Thus we marked them as
provisional, and they are subject to change. But both CVS and the Target
Management code are using them as a basis for synchronization.

If you haveany questions about using this code, just send a note to the
mailing list and we'll be happy to help.

james

                      "Vladimir Grishchenko"
                      <vladgri@xxxxxxxxxxx>           To:      <platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-vcm-dev-admin@         Subject: [platform-vcm-dev] org.eclipse.team.core.sync
                      eclipse.org

                      06/20/02 01:10 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-vcm-dev

Could someone explain what is the intended use of this package? Is it there
just as a convenience for repository providers in case they want to use it
or is it something else?

Thanks,
Vladimir.