Re: [platform-vcm-dev] Team Operations from top level menus

We would like to put some variant of this functionality in for M6. See bug
9855 in bugzilla. We just haven't decided what shape it will take.

james

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           Bryan Stephenson       |
|         |           <Bryan.Stephenson@meran|
|         |           t.com>                 |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           platform-vcm-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           05/01/02 09:51 AM      |
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           platform-vcm-dev       |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                            |
  |        To:      platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                               |
  |        cc:                                                                                                 |
  |        Subject: [platform-vcm-dev] Team Operations from top level menus                                    |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Are there any concrete proposals for adding a top level menu for Team
operations.   There were a number of
postings discussing this but there seems to be no conclusion.  Obviously
Team providers can add their own menus
to the top level, however, the ability to have multiple providers active in
a workspace means that the top level menus may

expand arbitrarily.  There was discussion of a "Team" top level menu where
providers could attach their menus.

In general, these menus implement non-project specific operations such as
launching the providers client program, getting

a project from the provider (functionality already in provider - no need
for repository browser as in CVS).

Taking the example of a well known C++ IDE, there is a Source Control menu
in the "Project" group.  Would this be a more appropriate place to add
"Team" menus.   If so where are the menu definitions for this menu so we
can find an appropriate separator to attach to.

Bryan Stephenson    mailto:Bryan.Stephenson@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top