[platform-vcm-dev] State of Team in milestone M3 build

Hello Team community,

The Team team has been working hard to achieve a good feature&stability
level for this build.  This note is to let you know where we are at.

We've made considerable progress and things are getting pretty useable.  As
part of the process for maturing it for general consumption, we are
increasing the number of people who are trying it within OTI.

If you are using Team, below is the list of bugs that we thought you should
be aware of:

- Merging is not fully supported
- Ignore facilities work but have some quirks
- Checkout does not delete previous project of same name so resources may
stick around
- Renaming folders is not supported (but JDT refactoring works by copying
not rename so its OK)
- Progress Monitoring needs much improvement

9138  Config wizard performs finish twice
9739  Ignoring a resource in the sync view must add .cvsignore to
9747  Update in merge view actually merges and does not overwrite
9769  Error sync'ing: /src/file.java is not a child of project
9772  Changing global ignore should refresh sync view
9783  Checkout from branch leaves files from other branch
9734  Team2 (i0212):  bug when using CVSNT greater then  1.11.1.1
9811  Strange CVS behavior with add conflicts
9836  "Update" overwrites local changes

Some specifics:

Re:   9138  Config wizard performs finish twice
This one will results in a "false" error if there is more than one provider
in the Share Project wizard's provider list.  The wizard and
provider/project configuration still work, it just claims to have resulted
in an error.  We aim to have this fixed by next integration build.

Re:   9734  Team2 (i0212):  bug when using CVSNT greater then  1.11.1.1
We do not support CVSNT, although we do run against 1.11.1.1.  Support for
CVSNT versions more recent then that is not planned in the near future.

The Team team.

Back to the top