Re: [platform-vcm-dev] How you show all CVS repository's root directories?

At 10:26 12.02.02 -0500, you wrote:

smartcvs.com? Trying to make it smarter...<g>

No, hide it's complexity and make it much easier to use, like you in Eclipse.

You are the first to ask "how" we have implemented something. All the code is in the org.eclipse.team.* projects.

I asked, because there are hanging around a lot of cvs related plugins and I couldn't figure out a real cvs *core* - maybe independent of the eclipse to try it out. And I didn't found the way you get the top-level directories. With a little test class, that protocols me the traffic (what eclipse sends and what it receives from the cvs server), I know now, that you "avused" the update command for that purpose. Very interesting :-)

Best regards,
Tom

From the CVS command line client you can't get the list of top level projects (e.g. modules) in a repo. We built our own client and have pulled from tricks.

Jean-Michel