Re: [platform-vcm-dev] Turning on Team 2.0 in Stable Build 20020115

Complicated question.

In general, we (eclipse developers) are set up in a 'self-hosting'
configuration. We have all the plug-ins we are working on loaded into the
workspace, and then we launch a second instance of eclipse which runs the
plug-ins in our former workspace. So with this setup, we just load the
examples out of the repository and run our self-hosting eclipse. Tools for
setting your workspace up to self-host are available on the JDT/UI web
site
(http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-ui-home/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.selfhosting/index.html).
This lets us develop code and immediately test our results without
jeapordizing the stability of our workspace.

If you just want to run the examples, then you probably want to do the
following sort of thing:

1. Run eclipse
2. Check out the examples from the dev.eclipse.org repository into your
workspace.
3. Exit eclipse
4. Copy the examples from your workspace directory to your plugins/
directory.
5a. Manually create the appropriate .jar files from the contents of the
bin/ directory in each example. The name of the jar can be found in the
plugin.xml file.
OR
5b. Just run eclipse with the "-dev bin" flag and it will automatically
pick up class files in the bin/ directory of each plug-in.

Hope this helps,

james

"Mark Phippard" <MarkP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx