Re: [platform-vcm-dev] History view

It does a sophisticated analysis of the history and branch points and
renders the superimposes the result on a digitized image of a tree; I have
chosen maple initially but I may move to sycamore if it more accurately
reflects typical CVS workflow. <g>

Actually it's just the same table as was in the previous world, with the
addition of a "tags" field (i.e. tags are no longer bundled in with the
revision number like they used to be).

Mike and I are both self-hosting here. It has been quite usable. Before I
release, I do an Update on the project; this will automatically take
incoming changes, and will tell you about any conflicts. If there were
conflicts (unlikely) I manually fix them. Then I just select all the files
and Commit... release comments work the same as before. (Multi-line
comments might even work now, I'm not sure).

If you're used to using CVS, this quite closely follows the workflow.

james

"Tim Ellison" <Tim_Ellison@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/23/2001 04:55 PM