[platform-vcm-dev] VCM 2.0 - question ...

Hello all,

I am currently trying to develop a perforce integration for eclipse.
Taking a look at the current version, I realized that I might have a problem
because of the way perforce works. Here we go:

- Perforce has one rootpath/client for all its operations. So, if my root
  path is c:\perforce all the controlled files will be under that path and
  its subdirectories.

- If I want to have my sources under source control, I have to assure that
  my projects are created under that root path. I don't think this is
  currently possible - at least there was no way to specify the team
  provider during the creation of a project, which would be necessary.

- The mechanism of configuring an existing project afterwards will not work
  because of the rootpath problem. The same for deconfiguring. If the
  project is under the rootpath, it's under control.

I could of course always copy the files between the two locations, but I
still want to be able to use the tools currently available ...

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards,
Boris

Back to the top