Re: [platform-update-dev] What plugins are necessary to bring up Software Update in menu?

Inactive hide details for Eric W ---07/16/2008 05:53:36 PM---We've been delivering our product on 3.2.1 for a long time.  Now wEric W ---07/16/2008 05:53:36 PM---We've been delivering our product on 3.2.1 for a long time. Now we've installed Ganymede, and when

Eric W <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/16/2008 05:53 PM

[platform-update-dev] What plugins are necessary to bring up Software Update in menu?

We've been delivering our product on 3.2.1 for a long time.  Now we've
installed Ganymede, and when we run a newly built product, the
"Help/Software Updates" menu item is missing.  If I include *all* plugins
from the SDK, the item appears.  If I instead use the run configuration to
compute/include dependencies, the menu item disapears from the newly built
result.

What plugins are necessary to include in order to get "Software Updates" to
appear in the menu?  Anybody?

(BTW, we're still using the old update site delivery model, not p2.  Still,
including all p2 plugins doesn't solve the problem.)