[platform-update-dev] small question about update implementation

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to implement a custom install/update, without using the update UI plugins from eclipse. The remote site is provided by a servlet container, protected with a form based authentication and custom authorization. I'm using the eclipse standalone update commands (Install,Uninstall,Update). The install/uninstall are working. The problem is with the update of a feature X version 1.0.0 to version 1.0.1. The UpdateCommand it seems that it is not working. The parameters I give to the command are checked and re-checked. The update site layout is correct. The feature with version 1.0.1 it is in the same location as the 1.0.0 version. I'm able to present in a GUI both features.
Please help.
I have not found a way to start a feature based application from within eclipse, in order to be able to debug-it. I have not found a clear documentation how to update a feature.

Thank you

Back to the top