[platform-update-dev] Difference between InstallRegistry and platform.xml

Can someone clarify the difference between the InstallRegistry versus the platform.xml? I understand that the platform.xml is a reflect of what is currently enabled in the platform, but not sure how the InstallRegistry relates, especially in terms of enable/install/disable/uninstall operations. I ran into a case where I had feature org.eclipse.test_1.0.0 in the platform.xml (but it wasn't in the installregistry), went to do an upgrade of that feature and noticed that it didn't disable the older feature but properly enabled the newer feature (ie., updated the platform.xml).

Any wisdom out there?

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | +1 860 839 2465

Back to the top