[platform-update-dev] Using update manager for generic software updates?

<Disclaimer>
I am new to this list, so please forgive me if I am asking my questions
in an inappropriate forum, and if possible, direct me to the proper
mailing list.
</Disclaimer>

That said, I am investigating the possibility of using the update
manager functionality to create an update site for our own
non-eclipse-based software.

>From what I've read, it appears that the functionality is there to do
something like that, but all the documentation I've read is geared
toward creating eclipse plugins and adding them to the update site
configuration, etc, etc.

I was wondering if someone could point me to an example of or tutorial
for setting up and using an eclipse update site for updating their own
software?

Thanks,
Rich Stephens
Pathfire, Inc.